Vienna is rated amongst the top congress destinations, worldwide; this excellent standing not least being due to the opening of the new Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center in 2004. From the very beginning the generously proportioned and harmoniously designed architecture, the innovative hall structure, flexible spatial arrangements, its atmosphere and the professional service provided by Reed Exhibitions and their associates, have caused organisers and visitors alike to produce a continued stream of positive feedback.
Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center enables Austria’s capital city to provide around 73,000 m² of floor space and allows the city to host large scale congresses with accompanying exhibitions. This has helped Vienna to underline its superior position as a destination for international conferences, congresses, fairs and gatherings.
Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center is one of Europe’s most attractive and modern exhibition and congress centers. Whether you’re staging a company conference, a sector-related event, a congress, trade fair or congress fair, Messe Wien offers an immensely attractive, atmospheric and functional solution.
In the heart of the city Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center is centrally located, yet close to Vienna’s famous Prater park and around the corner from the campus of the new Vienna University of Economics and Business, the Sigmund Freud Private University and the modern, green “Viertel Zwei” business and
Two underground stations are located a stone’s throw away from the venue’s main entrances. It only takes a few minutes to reach Vienna’s old town with its wide range of hotels by public transport. The Center also has excellent air, rail and motorway links – Vienna International Airport is just 20 minutes away by taxi. For anyone who travels to the venue by car, there are more than 4,000 parking spaces available in the immediate vicinity.
GPS: 1020 Vienna, Ausstellungsstraße or Trabrennstraße
- From the south: Südautobahn A2 – Südosttangente A23 in the direction of Praha/Brno – exit Handelskai/Messezentrum
- From the east (Wien-Schwechat Airport): Ostautobahn A4 – Südosttangente A23 in the direction of Praha/Brno – exit Handelskai/Messezentrum
- From the west: Westautobahn A1 until the motorway junction at Steinhäusl – Außenringautobahn A21 until the motorway junction at Vösendorf – Südosttangente A23 in the direction of Praha/Brno – exit Handelskai/Messezentrum
- From the north: Donauuferautobahn A22 until the exit for Reichsbrücke (direction Zentrum) – after the bridge turn left at the first traffic light into Vorgartenstraße and drive to the junction to Ausstellungsstraße.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
U2 UNDERGROUND LINE „Karlsplatz – Seestadt“
- The ideal exit to entrances A and Congress Center: station „Messe-Prater“
- The ideal exit to entrance D: station „Krieau“
BUS line 11A „Heiligenstadt – Seestadt“
- exit to all entrances: station „Krieau“
BUS line 80B „Kaiserebersdorf – Seestadt“
- exit to all entrances: station „Krieau“.
With public transport systems from Vienna Airport (VIE) to Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center.
- CAT „CITY AIRPORT TRAIN“ to Wien Mitte/Landstraße – take the U4 line in direction Heiligenstadt – get out at Schottenring – take the U2 line in direction Seestadt
- SCHNELLBAHN S7 in direction Südbahnhof – get out at Praterstern – take the U2 line in direction Seestadt
- BUS „VIENNA AIRPORT LINES“ to Morzinplatz – take the tramway 1 in direction Stefan-Fadinger-Platz – get out at Schottenring – take the U2 line in direction Seestadt.
With public transport systems from the Vienna Railway Stations to Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center.
SÜD/OSTBAHNHOF (under construction) – Replacement: Meidling/Philadelphiabrücke:
- UNDERGROUND U6 in direction Floridsdorf to Längenfeldgasse – U4 line in direction Heiligenstadt to Schottenring – U2 line in direction Seestadt
- SCHNELLBAHN to Praterstern – U2 line in direction Seestadt
- UNDERGROUND U3 in direction Simmering to Volkstheater – U2 line in direction Seestadt
- line 5 in direction Praterstern to Praterstern – U2 line in direction Seestadt
- line D in direction Südbahnhof to Schottentor – U2 line in direction Seestadt
- line 33 in direction Friedrich-Engels-Platz to Friedensbrücke – U4 line in direction Hütteldorf to Schottenring – U2 line in direction Seestadt
BAHNHOF PRATERSTERN (ehem. Bahnhof Wien Nord)
- UNDERGROUND U2 in direction Seestadt.
Vienna and Bratislava are the nearest located EU capitals. Only 60 kilometres are separating the two cities. At the moment, both cities move together even closer, because the Twin City Liner goes city center to city center.
From the landing stage Marienbrücke/Schwedenplatz take the UNDERGROUND U1 line in direction Leopoldau – get out at Praterstern – take the U2 line in direction Seestadt.
Taxi ranks right in front of Foyers A, Congress and D.
- T: +43 (0) 1 40 100
- T: +43 (0) 1 60 160
- T: +43 (0) 1 31 300