The trade fair centre and congress center in modern glass and steel architecture offers extremely variable possibilities of use on a total of 105,200 square metres with seven standard halls, one large hall, as well as a small hall: Conditions which also permit two or three parallel events if required. In addition, the very modern International Congress Center Stuttgart ICS offers over two dozen halls, which can cater for between 20 and 4,900 persons, as well as a total capacity of 10,000 visitors. With these facilities, the ICS has become a sought-after conference location for first-class congresses, as well as for diverse company events, including annual general meetings for large companies.
19,847 exhibitors, of which 30% come from outside Germany, 1,13 million visitors and 58 events each years: This represents the current success of Messe Stuttgart at the location of Stuttgart alone, where the company opens its doors under the motto «Key to markets» to Europe’s state-of-the-art trade fair centre and congress center. With a hall turnover factor of 13,9 in 2015, the Stuttgart trade fair centre was once again one of the most occupied facilities of its kind in Germany and Europe.
The building complex, which has received numerous awards for its architecture, is located just three minutes by foot from Stuttgart Airport and thus offers optimal conditions for arrival and departure.
The airport terminals are roughly 200 metres from the trade fair and congress grounds and can be reached comfortably by foot. There is also a direct S-Bahn connection to Stuttgart central station with the S2 and S3; Travel time: 27 minutes.
Messe Stuttgart and the ICS International Congress Center Stuttgart are located 13 km from Stuttgart city centre and situated directly at Stuttgart Airport. The trade fair grounds can be reached directly by car.
Arrival on the A8
- From the Stuttgart direction exit the motorway at the Stuttgart/Degerloch junction and travel on the Messe and airport slip road. Then take the direct access road to the car park via the A8.
- If approaching from the Munich direction there is a direct exit from the A8 to the car park over the motorway just before the trade fair centre.
Approaching on the B27 from Stuttgart/Tübingen
- Car parks can be accessed from both directions at the west perimeter of the trade fair and congress grounds. Or continue on the L 1192 into the car park over the A8.
- Since 2008 driving bans have been imposed for certain vehicles in zones with high amounts of particulate matter. The zones are marked by the traffic sign «Umweltzone» (environmental zone). There is an environmental zone also in Stuttgart since 1 March 2008. It covers the entire city zone.
- As Messe Stuttgart is located outside the Stuttgart city zone, you do not need an emissions sticker for a visit to the trade fair centre or congress center.
- Please note, however, that an emissions sticker is required for a subsequent visit to the city or if staying overnight in the city zone.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Landesmesse Stuttgart and the ICS have optimal connections to the ÖPNV. You can reach the trade fair and congress grounds comfortably by bus or suburban rail (S-Bahn). In the future the planned ICE train station will ensure additional connections.
S-Bahn (suburban rail) and shuttle bus
- For large public trade fairs and specialist trade fairs the shuttle bus line 78 operates between Degerloch and the trade fair grounds. You can reach Degerloch via the rail lines U5, U6 or U8, with the cog railway or from the vicinity with the bus, from the bus stop Degerloch/B27 (north side of Löffelstrasse) line 78 then takes you directly to the trade fair centre (West bus terminal).
Arrival by S-Bahn
- The trade fair and congress grounds can be reached easily and quickly thanks to the good transport connections. From Stuttgart central station travel with the S2 or S3 in the direction of ‹Flughafen› (airport) (Filderstadt) / Messe Stuttgart.
- The journey time between Stuttgart central station and Messe Stuttgart is 27 minutes. The S-Bahn operates from the central station from 04.55 (or 05.25 on Sundays and public holidays) until 00.25 and runs every 10 to 20 minutes.
- The S-Bahn (urban rail) runs from Messe Stuttgart in the direction of central station between 05.08 (or 05.48 on Sundays and public holidays) and 00.08.
You can reach the trade fair and congress site easily by bus. A large number of bus lines, either short-distance (Stuttgart public transport network) or long-distance, serve the Messe Stuttgart trade fairgrounds.
- 828 Tübingen – Bebenhausen – Dettenhausen – Waldenbuch – Steinenbronn – Echterdingen – Messe/Flughafen
- 122 Esslingen – Nellingen – Scharnhausen – Plieningen – Messe/Flughafen
- 809 Neuenhaus – Aich – Harthausen – Bonlanden – Bernhausen. Bahnhof -Messe – S-Degerloch
- X3 Expresso Pfullingen – Reutlingen – Pliezhausen – Gniebel – Bernhausen – Messe/Flughafen
Stuttgart is connected directly to 13 European capital cities via the rail network (ICE, IC, InterRegio). Stuttgart central station is located in the city centre, roughly 13 km from Stuttgart Airport and Messe Stuttgart.
Travel on the S-Bahn S2 or S3 in the direction of Stuttgart Flughafen / Messe Stuttgart from Stuttgart central station. The journey time between Stuttgart central station and Messe Stuttgart is 27 minutes. The S-Bahn operates from the central station from 04.55 (or 05.25 on Sundays and public holidays) until 00.25 and runs every 10 to 20 minutes. From Flughafen / Messe Stuttgart in the direction of central station the suburban rail network operates between 05.08 (or 05.48 on Sundays and public holidays) and 00.08.