Eurexpo is the Lyon city exhibition and convention centre. It was created in 1984 and is constantly being developed to ensure that it remains a world-class venue. The exhibition centre is ideally located between Saint Exupéry Airport and the city centre, alongside a golf course, in 110 hectares of grounds.
With a covered exhibition surface area of 120,000m², Eurexpo Lyon is France’s largest exhibition centre outside Paris. Its 6 fully renovated, interconnecting, ground-level halls provide state-of-the-art, modular facilities that are ideal for any type of event.
The venue consists of: A 110 hectare site, an uninterrupted 120,000 m² covered area for large exhibitions, 6 exhibition halls varying in size between 2,000 and 27,000 m², a 12,000 m² column-free hall that can be divided into 2 or 3 areas using movable partitions and an auditorium to 2,400 places in the Paul Bocuse area, as well as 50,000 m² of outdoor space for outsize exhibits.
The exhibition centre is located halfway between Lyon city centre and the Saint-Exupéry airport/high-speed railway station hub (20 km), and is easily accessible using any means of transport.
Saint Exupéry Airport is 20km from Eurexpo Lyon. It offers direct flights to more than 100 destinations in more than 30 countries, of which 86 are scheduled services. For information, dial 0826 800 826. From outside France, dial + 33 (0) 4 72 22 74 71 : www.lyon.aeroport.fr
How to get to Eurexpo:
RHONEXPRESS : LYON-SAINT EXUPERY AIRPORT – VAULX EN VELIN LA SOIE STATION – LYON PART DIEU RAILWAY STATION
This fast line links Lyon Saint-Exupery international airport to Lyon Part Dieu railway station, with a stop at Vaulx-en-Velin la Soie station where a Direct Eurexpo Shuttle Bus Service is implemented during exhibition opening periods.
Journey: The Rhonexpress tramway to Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie station + shuttle buses to Eurexpo Estimated duration: 35 minutes
Departure Rhonexpress Tramway: Saint Exupéry airport > Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie
- Rhônexpress service runs, 365 days per year from 5 am to midnight.
- Frequency: 6:00 am – 9:00 pm, departure every 15 minutes
- Frequency 5:00 am – 6:00 am and 9:00 pm – 0:00, departure every 30 minutes
Close to the A43 and A46, Eurexpo Lyon is at the heart of Europe’s motorway network, a 4-hour drive from Paris, 3 hours from Marseille, an hour and a half from Geneva, and 3 hours from Turin.
Eurexpo is easy to access by car, and is just a 20-minute drive from both Saint Exupéry International Airport and the city centre., and is just a 20-minute drive from both Saint Exupéry International Airport and the city centre.
Visitors Access: To Lyon – West Visitors Door
- A43, Eurexpo Exit
- Boulevard de l’Europe – 69680 CHASSIEU
- Latitude : 45.7380005 – Longitude: 4.9401244
To Chambery/grenoble and Paris/Geneve: North Visitor Door
- A46, exit n°8: Eurexpo Visitors
- Rue Marius Berliet – 69680 CHASSIEU
- Latitude: 45.736366 – Longitude: 4.955674
Exhibitors Access: East Exhibitors Door
- A46, exit n°9: Eurexpo Exhibitors
- Avenue Louis Bleriot – 69680 CHASSIEU
- Latitude: 45.728546 – Longitude: 4.959676
To Chambery/grenoble and Lyon: South Visitor Door
- A43, exit: Bron Aviation
- Boulevard des Expositions – 69680 CHASSIEU
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Direct shuttle bus services to Eurexpo Lyon during exhibition opening periods only. Information line: 04 72 22 33 44
From Part-Dieu railway station (Villette exit): 30 minutes
- Tram line T3 to Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie then direct Eurexpo shuttle
From Lyon Centre: 30 minutes
- Metro D to Grange Blanche then Tram T5 to Eurexpo
From Perrache railway station: 40 minutes
- Tram T2 to Grange Blanche then Tram T5 to Eurexpo
- The entire journey falls within the urban fares zone
Three TGV (high-speed train) stations connect Lyon with the major cities of France and Europe several times daily:
- Lyon Part-Dieu
- Lyon Perrache
- Lyon Saint-Exupéry (Airport)
Take one of the city’s 1400 taxis to Eurexpo Lyon.
- Average fare between the city centre and Eurexpo Lyon: about €25
- Average fare between St Exupéry Airport and Eurexpo Lyon: about €20