McCormick Place comprises four state-of-the-art buildings, the West, South and North Buildings and Lakeside Center. These buildings have a combined total of 2.6 million square feet of exhibit space, 1.2 million square feet all on one level, making it the nation’s largest convention center. In addition to expansive exhibition space, McCormick Place also features: 173 meeting rooms offering 600,000 square feet of space, 4 ballrooms ranging from 21,000 to 100,000 square feet, Assembly seating for 18,000 people, 4,249 seat theater (Arie Crown), 3 theaters seating 300 each, Ceiling heights up to 50 feet, Easy access and 6,000 parking spaces. The entire McCormick Place campus is linked by dramatic pedestrian promenades and sky bridges, containing retail shops and other visitor amenities.
McCormick Place is located just minutes from downtown Chicago and is now connected to the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) via both city bus and elevated train.
CTA FROM THE AIRPORTS
The CTA „L“ trains provide service to Downtown Chicago and McCormick Place from both international airports.
- From O’Hare International Airport: The CTA „Blue“ line provides service to and from the airport. Take the Blue Line from O’Hare and transfer to a south-bound Green Line train at Clark and Lake. Note, in the Loop the Blue Line is a Subway Train and the Green Line is an elevated train, a free transfer is available at Clark and Lake.
- From Midway Airport: The CTA „Orange“ line provides service to and from the airport. Take the train to the Roosevelt Street Station (Subway) and transfer to the elevated Green Line Station. Continue on the southbound Green Line train for 1-stop to the Cermak-McCormick Place station.
The Cermark-McCormick Place Station is 2 block (0.15 miles) walk from the Northwest Corner of the McCormick Place West Building.
- If approaching McCormick Place from the north, using the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94), consider exiting at 18th Street, heading east over to State Street, turning south onto State Street to Cermak Road, then traveling east on Cermak Road over to McCormick Place.
- If approaching McCormick Place from the west, using the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290), consider exiting on Damen or Ashland Avenue, heading south to Cermak Road, then traveling east on Cermak Road over to McCormick Place.
- If approaching McCormick Place from the south, using the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94), consider exiting on 31st Street, heading east to King Drive, then traveling north on King Drive to McCormick Place South, North and West Buildings, along with Parking Lot A. You can also continue east on 31st Street to Moe Drive to access our Truck Marshalling Lot and Parking Lot B. Finally, you can continue to drive east on 31st Street over the bridge to Ft. Dearborn Drive to access Lakeside Center and Parking Lot C.
- If approaching McCormick Place inbound on the Stevenson Expressway (I-55), consider using the ramp leading to the southbound Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94), exiting on 31st Street, heading east to King Drive, then traveling north on King Drive to McCormick Place South, North and West Buildings, along with Parking Lot A. You can also continue east on 31st Street to Moe Drive to access our Truck Marshalling Lot and Parking Lot B. Finally, you can continue to drive east on 31st Street over the bridge to Ft. Dearborn Drive to access Lakeside Center and Parking Lot C.
- If approaching McCormick Place from either northbound or southbound Lake Shore Drive, exit the Drive at the 31st Street (3100 South) Exit. From there, follow the signs to Park in our 31st Street Surface Parking Lot B, our Lakeside Center Underground Parking Lot C, or continue west on 31st Street over to King Drive. Make a right onto northbound King Drive and proceed about 5 blocks to enter our Parking Garage Lot A.
Getting to McCormick Place is possible by using the city transit system. The Chicago Transit Authority provides the following bus service and runs approximately every 15 minutes. Drop off is located at the main entrance to the South Building on Martin Luther King Drive.
The #3 King Drive bus is the most common bus route to McCormick Place as it runs north/south along Michigan Avenue serving many downtown hotels and the Magnificent Mile and Water Tower Place. The McCormick Place stop is located at 2301 S. King Drive, Chicago and is in front of our main entrance.
METRA RAIL CONNECTION
Located on Level 2.5 of the Grand Concourse in the South Building, the METRA Electric commuter railroad provides direct service within seven minutes to and from downtown Chicago. Service from the Millennium (Randolph St.) Station (near the Fairmont Hotel) to McCormick Place begins early morning, with more frequent pick-ups during rush hours.
Shuttle connections (via CTA bus) can be made to the METRA system at Chicago Union Station, Ogilvie Transportation Center and LaSalle Street Station. METRA services the Midwest as far north as Kenosha, Wisconsin; northwest to Fox Lake and Harvard; west to Elgin, Geneva and Aurora; southwest to Joliet and Orland Park; south to University Park; and east to South Bend, Indiana.
More than 5,800 city taxis are at your service in Chicago. Facility direction signs and personnel at the Concierge Desk will direct attendees to gates that are designated for your event.
Shared Taxi Program: There is a Shared Ride Program available for those flying into O’Hare and Midway and taking a cab from one of these airports to either McCormick Place or downtown.