Bilbao Exhibition Centre
BEC is much more than just a trade-show and congress venue – it is versatile and innovative. With its open plan layout and maximum clearance of 18 m, the BILBAO EXHIBITION CENTRE, has 150,000 m2 of exhibition space distributed between 6 halls, all without columns. The 18,000 m2 congress centre is the perfect venue for conventions, seminars, presentations, celebrations, gala dinners, etc. This great complex is supplemented by other facilities such as the Bizkaia ARENA, a multi-purpose arena that can be turned into a theatre seating over 10,000, a sports hall seating 18,000, a cinema for 13,000 and a concert hall for 20,000.
Bilbao Exhibition Centre can be reached by many means of transport. These include:
Bilbao Airport is 13 km from BEC! Bilbao International Airport offers more than 600 flights a week, directly linking up with Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Brussels, Bucharest, Dublin, Dubrovnik, Düsseldorf, Istanbul, Frankfurt, Funchal, Geneva, Lisbon, London (Heathrow and Stansted), Manchester, Marrakesh, Milan, Munich, Oslo, Paris (Charles De Gaulle and Orly), Prague, Rome, Santorini, Stuttgart, Tunis and Venice in an average of 1 to 3 hours. It also offers connections with the main cities in Spain.
The journey from the airport to the centre of Bilbao takes 20 minutes. Travellers can make this journey in several ways:
- Bus A3247 Bilbao-Airport: Runs every day of the year, with services every 20 minutes in summer, and every 30 minutes in winter, connecting with TERMIBUS, the Bilbao bus and coach terminus. Before reaching the end of the route, this bus makes three stops in the city centre, 14 Alameda Rekalde, Plaza Moyúa and at 74 Gran Vía.
- Taxi: available within the airport
- Car rental companies: available at the airport
Bilbao city is connected with:
- France (rest of continental Europe): Bilbao is 8 hours from Paris by car, with connections to other major cities along the route: Donostia-San Sebastian (. 100 km) Bayonne ( 150 km), Biarritz (150 km.), Pau, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Limoges, Tours…
Principio del formulario
- Madrid and the centre of Spain: Madrid is 4 hours away by car, passing through Vitoria-Gasteiz (60 km.) and Burgos (150 km). The capital of Spain connects Bilbao with the Castilian Plateau, a region where the cities of Valladolid, Segovia, Salamanca and Toledo are located.
- Barcelona and the Mediterranean: 6-hour journey to travel to Barcelona, along a route that passes through Logroño and Zaragoza or alternatively Pamplona (130 km.). The capital of Catalonia opens Bilbao up to the Mediterranean axis, both in Spain (Valencia, Majorca and Ibiza, Costa Brava, Costa del Sol…) and in France (Montpellier, French Riviera…)
- Cantabrian (Bay of Biscay) area: Santander is just an hour from Bilbao travelling westwards (100 km.) with onward connections to cities like Oviedo, Gijón, Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña and Vigo, very close to Portugal.
Getting to BEC:
- From Vitoria – Madrid: A-8 towards “Santander” Junction 8: Barakaldo/ BEC!
- From Santander: A-8 towards “Bilbao”, join the N637 in the direction of Barakaldo/ BEC!
- From San Sebastian-France: N637 towards “Santander” Barakaldo/ BEC! Exit
To get around the outskirts, Bilbao has an Underground, taxis, tram and buses.
Ansio Station on Line 2 of the Underground, with an exit to the trade fair site (BEC North Entrance) links our site to Bilbao.
Long distance trains: Renfe connects Bilbao with Europe and the rest of Spain.
Principio del formulario
- Euskotren: The Basque region is connected.
- Renfe-Feve: Barcelona and the Mediterranean: connect the Basque Country with the rest of the north west of Spain
The long distance RENFE station in Bilbao (Abando) connects directly with BEC via Line 2 of the Underground.